The History of Our Inn
Colonial Gardens Bed & Breakfast
sits gently back off one of the main historic corridors in Williamsburg, Virginia. The home was built by the Dean at the School of Law at William and Mary back in the 60's. The house was built with Bricks from a courthouse from the 1700's that was dismantled during the Rockefellers restoration of the historic area of Williamsburg. You can see initials on some of the bricks around the house both inside and out which are the brick maker marks of the indentured servants who made the bricks back in the late 1600's early 1700's.
This historic Williamsburg Virginia house was turned into a B & B in 1992 by Wil & Scottie Philips, they personally oversaw the transition from a home to a B&B. The Philips ran the inn for a decade before retiring and handing it off to Karen and Ron Watkins. Ron spent 30 years in the United States Air Force and although he retired in 2007, is back at work in a consulting position, which has made Karen very happy! Once a commander, always a commander. Karen enjoys cooking and flower arranging while Ron loves flying, shooting skeet and
Read more about the history of the Area - click here