January is almost over, which means there are 11 more months to go! We’re geared up and ready for the rest of the year!
…or are we?…
If you can relate to this, the holiday season may not have been as relaxing as you would have liked. With all the holiday plans and family events, many of us are coming into the New Year on an empty tank, in desperate need of a weekend getaway.
Do you think you might need one, too?
Here are 11 Signs You Need a Weekend Getaway:
1. You almost didn’t read this blog post.
There are too many things to read and too many posts!
2. You haven’t enjoyed a sunset in a while.
Squinting your eyes while driving home in late afternoon traffic doesn’t count as seeing a sunset.
3. You’ve eaten the same thing for lunch since the New Year.
If you eat one more granola bar, you’re going to lose it.
4. You’ve run out of things to talk about.
The only conversations you’ve had with your significant other lately involve grocery lists and plans to buy new socks.
5. You’ve already given up your resolution.
Seriously…What was it anyway?
6. You’ve started searching the calendar for the next bank holiday.
Is National Pancake Day a holiday?
7. You’re tired of your favorite TV show.
Hobbies you once enjoyed just aren’t inspiring the same excitement that they used to do.
8. You’ve started to ignore text messages, emails, and voicemails.
People just keep calling, but you have nothing left to give them.
9. You’ve considered quitting your job, leaving your life behind, and going to live in a tiny house in the mountains.
Let’s be honest, haven’t we all done this?
10. You have a low-grade ache right behind your left eye.
It’s been there for so long, you’ve come to accept it as fact.
11. Your bed has lost its embrace.
You used to enjoy falling into your soft bed. But now you find yourself tossing and turning through the night. Turndown service just isn’t the same when you have to do it yourself.
So, now that you’ve read our list, do you think you might need a getaway? Lucky for you, with Valentines Day coming up, this is the perfect time to do just that!
If you want to escape to Williamsburg, Virginia, here is a link to our favorite bed and breakfast (Hint…it’s ours)! And check out our 5 star rating on Trip Advisor, too!
Where would you like to visit on your next weekend getaway? Comment below or on our Facebook Page!